Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT3013 error message while updating

Hi friend, I was trying to update my 2019 T1 tax software(standard version), and could not do that, here is the error message. Any idea?

TT3013.JPG

7 Replies

Can you uninstall your TurboTax software and reinstall it to see if you will be able to update it and retrieve the file that is needed. 

Here is where you will download it.

The software update does not work.

I have uninstalled the software as suggested. Then I rebooted my laptop and reinstalled the Turbotax software. The same issue happens where the software refuses to update with an error message.

This is the first time I have experienced such an issue in all my years of using Turbotax.

In addition, when you click on the support link in the error message, it sends me to a broken link.

I am expecting much better quality control from Intuit than this.

It's unfortunate to hear that you are having update issues with the software.

Your comment regarding the broken link has been duly noted and brought forth to the appropriate department. Thank you for that!

I will ask that you contact our support team for further assistance, as they have the ability to view your screen and troubleshoot what the issue may be. 

Footnote: If the agent is unable to resolve the issue at hand, please ask to have this "escalated" to higher personnel. 

loricoch

I figured this out. Right click on the TurboTax2019 icon and select "Run as administrator". Then run the update.

I have the same error code TT3013, and likewise this has never happened in over 10 years of using TurboTax - the one response suggested "run as administrator" and that did not work.  Please advise on how to get the update and file. 

This was first reported Feb 10 - seven weeks ago - can someone help with how to find patches and solutions on this website?

In order to solve this known issue, you will need to uninstall your QuickTax version as supposedly it cannot update itself properly and download the version from the QuickTax site (here is the link: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...) . Do not re-install the version you may have on CD. As for running anything on system admin I do not think is accurate. Just uninstall and then download the version from QuickTax's site with the link in this message.   This worked and I followed the help from Intuit on this. Hope it all works for you after this. Regards