Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Returning Member

Turbotax Free Download 2019

I have searched endlessly for a link to get the free download Canadian version for 2019 taxes - where is it, or when will it become available? I do not want to use the free on-line cloud version. Thanks

13 Replies
Highlighted
Returning Member

I was told in December by Intuit support that it would be available within a week...........still waiting. Can someone from Intuit respond please so I know if I have to switch to different product by a competitor..

Highlighted

Highlighted

How Do i Download  turbo tax canadain 2029

Highlighted
Returning Member

Very disappointed to hear that Intuit will no longer provide the free download version- only the on-line version. There are many of us that are not comfortable storing sensitive income tax information in the "cloud". The risk of having this information hacked is just too great. The Basic download version is the cheapest alternative however for someone needing only a single return, it is not economical as you are paying for 3 returns that will never be used. While it may seem a small amount to pay to some-for seniors it is enough to make a impact. I guess it is back to paper returns.

Highlighted

I want the download version as I had last year, I do not want to do it online

Highlighted
Returning Member

Thank you but only the "pay" versions are available for download through the link you provided. Last year (for tax year 2018) there was a free version for desktop download (not on-line) that does not appear to be available this year.

Highlighted

Unfortunately, due to a lack of interest from consumers, it has led to the elimination of TTD Free.  We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Highlighted

Unfortunately, due to a lack of interest from consumers, it has led to the elimination of TTD Free.  We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

You can choose to try out TurboTax Free Online version

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/free-online.jsp

Highlighted

I agree - personally I also do not trust the cloud/online version.  I am disappointed that the download version is no longer available. 
There are other free tax filing software that do not force users to potentially have their financial information compromised.  The CRA website maintains a list of free tax software choices - look at the "Desktop" editions!

Link to CRA's website: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/...