Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax has detected issues that will prevent the creation of a valid file that is necessary to use CRA's NETFILE service..

I too get this annoying error: The 'DonorConsentIndicator' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Token' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

2 Replies

TurboTax has detected issues that will prevent the creation of a valid file that is necessary to use CRA's NETFILE service..

Here is a fix that worked for me... as per another thread i read by: chartman2

"Go back through the user profile part of your return 'manually'.  By that, i mean, click on each section of the profile details until you find the one where it asked you about giving your info for donor lists.  I had this error myself, but was able to file successfully once i found that and responded.  It wasn't a question that was asked when you went through the first time.

Edit:  I just went back to see specifically where to do this.  It's on the page 'Canadian Citizenship' in the MyInfo tab.  There are a series of questions there including the one about organ donation. " 

Thank you, it worked perfect!