Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 22, 2023 11:45:41 AM

TurboTax refund - receipt attachment file format

I have been trying to get a refund processed using the online form.  I've submitted a refund request 4 times and have received 4 rejection letters saying that the attachment was not able to be opened.  I have attached it as a .jpg, .pdf, and a .doc file.  What is an acceptable format that you can open???? HELP!!!

0 3 522
3 Replies
Mar 25, 2023 5:54:13 PM

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Mar 29, 2023 7:34:23 AM

I did contact phone help.  She didn't know which format I should use either.  She suggested I just try submitting again.  So I did twice.  Still got rejected.  So yesterday I submitted again - 5 times - file attachment in the form of 

.pdf

.jpeg

.docx

.doc

.xlsx

Isn't there an email I can send it to?  Or maybe a snail mail address I can send a copy to?  I can put all the same information as on the refund request.  I don't know what else to do.  Seems like there is a flaw in the system somewhere.  Maybe you can attach it somehow or send it to where it needs to go?

Laura Daugherty

19013 N. 44th Avenue

Glendale, AZ   85308

[phone number removed]

[email address removed]

Mar 29, 2023 9:34:40 AM

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax, so I can't help you further. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.