Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax refund - receipt attachment file format

I have been trying to get a refund processed using the online form.  I've submitted a refund request 4 times and have received 4 rejection letters saying that the attachment was not able to be opened.  I have attached it as a .jpg, .pdf, and a .doc file.  What is an acceptable format that you can open???? HELP!!!

3 Replies

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

I did contact phone help.  She didn't know which format I should use either.  She suggested I just try submitting again.  So I did twice.  Still got rejected.  So yesterday I submitted again - 5 times - file attachment in the form of 

.pdf

.jpeg

.docx

.doc

.xlsx

Isn't there an email I can send it to?  Or maybe a snail mail address I can send a copy to?  I can put all the same information as on the refund request.  I don't know what else to do.  Seems like there is a flaw in the system somewhere.  Maybe you can attach it somehow or send it to where it needs to go?

costco receipt.jpg

Laura Daugherty

19013 N. 44th Avenue

Glendale, AZ   85308

[phone number removed]

[email address removed]

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax, so I can't help you further. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.