Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbourgeo

Turbotax stuck at activation screen with partial license code entry

I have seen a lot of posts from folks trying to install TT 2020 on newer Windows machines. I also have seen the suggested fixes to solve the issue. I've tried all / most of these and still cannot get past the activation window. Messing around with the Display and Resolution settings on my PC allows me to enter NINE of the license keys - example: XXXX-YYYY and then I cannot enter any more. I've been wasting my time with this nonsense for about an hour and a half to the point where I am ready to quit. Has TurboTax solved this issue yet? I mean, it's only April 7th, so we have a lot of extra time to try and fix basic installation issues with TurboTax on a standard Windows laptop! You will lose a lot of business doing it this way!

3 Replies

Following as I am having the same issue with Premier. Has any found a fix as I got a  new computer this year and now unable to get TT to work. I called customer service and I got no help.

bernie22
Returning Member

I was in that activation nightmare, but it works now, ONLY if I open turbotax OFFLINE FIRST.

see my other post for details on how to get this working.

Thanks I also changed screen resolution and it works