Unable to NetFile Québec: must complete form TP-64...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eudra
Level 2

Unable to NetFile Québec: must complete form TP-64.3 error

I am unable to NetFile Quebec due to following error "If you are claiming employment expenses you must complete form TP-64.3, General Employment Conditions, to make the return eligible for NetFile Québec." The thing is that I did not claim these expenses. The TP-64.3 is only required if someone is claiming the expenses  by using a detailed mode, so it shouldn't be required in my case. 

I called TurboTax support and we tried everything to work around this problem. We looked at different forms and solutions, but it didn't work. At the end of the call, the support agent tried to escalate this issue but then has confirmed that this is apparently issue that TurboTax is well aware of and is currently working on the fix. 

If there is any workaround this issue, or if the bug with the software is applied, please let me know.

14 Replies
eudra
Level 2

Today I've spent another 2h on a phone with Intuit agent, trying to solve the NetFile Quebec error, but again no success. I've been told that Intuit is working on the issue, and to keep calling ?!?!? 

rosalieannmasse
Level 2

I'm having a similar issue. In my case i need to submit expenses using the detailed method, and even though i did and filled out every aspect of the form, it says I need to complete the process in order to submit. Very frustrating! Here is my error message:

Please read the error message(s) below. Make the necessary corrections and retransmit your return. Since you completed Part 3 of form TP-59.S-V, Expenses Related to Working Remotely Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, you must complete form TP-64.3-V, General Employment Conditions. (T3H0207I) For more information, contact the NetFile Québec assistance (T3Z00004) I
eudra
Level 2

In my case, I am using simple temporary fixed rate method  (option 1) , so I have nothing to do with the form TP-64.3.  

Even Turbotax software has this note:

If you use the temporary fixed rate method, your employer does not have to complete form TP-64.3-V, General Employment Conditions, for you, and you do not have to keep supporting documents.

But for some weird reason,  when I try to NetFile QC I am getting following error:

"If you are claiming employment expenses you must complete form TP-64.3, General Employment Conditions, to make the return eligible..."

mlecle02
Level 1

I am also experiencing the same issue. I hope a resolution will be provided in the near future. I suspect anyone who includes the form TP595 (Quebec resident filing for the work at home credit using the temporary fixed rate method) may receive this error when trying to use the MRQ net file option.

lallard
Level 1

I get exactly the same error. Even though I'm using the fixed method. TurboTax you have a bug please fix so I can file!

eudra
Level 2

I was able to update TurboTax software today, and I was able to NetFile QC, so the issue seems to be resolved. Hope it works for everyone now.

hello514
Level 1

Same issue, called support and they were unable to fix this.

eudra
Level 2

Try updating the software. This should fix the issue for you.

hello514
Level 1

Thank you eudra. I had updated this morning but did not think of updating again. I updated right after I saw your comment and it worked!

v