Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZSnowbird
Level 2

Unable to start program

Turbo Tax 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 will no longer open after most recent Windows 10 update. Currently on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.685 dated November 14, 2020. Any suggestions for getting the program to work. Thanks.

7 Replies
AZSnowbird
Level 2

Unable to start program

I uninstalled TT2019 and reinstalled and program will still not open.

AZSnowbird
Level 2

Unable to start program

Talked with support tech and apart from uninstall and reinstall, there was no solution. They suggested I try another computer so installed on the laptop and all worked well.

The program will run in Safe Mode. When I select the program, it appears to start but shows nothing on the screen, however, I have discovered via Task Manager that the program is in fact running. This leads me to think that something in the graphics driver could be an issue.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

AZSnowbird
Level 2

Unable to start program

Interesting to note that the program will start and work if I double click one of the data files - XXXX.tt19. Just downloaded the 2021-01 Windows 10 update and the program will not start.

lnew
Returning Member

Unable to start program

Has this issue been resolved - I am unable to get past the white box at the start up. Won't even get to the register the license section.  

AZSnowbird
Level 2

Unable to start program

After the two most recent updates, I am "magically" able to open the previous years' Turbo Tax (2016-2019). Didn't buy Turbo Tax for 2020 as the deal or whatever offered to Advantage customers was never received, so bought UFile.

lnew
Returning Member

Unable to start program

I bought the 2020 Professional for turbotax and it is not loading so they must have to do a fix on it. 

AZSnowbird
Level 2

Unable to start program

I'd return it to where you bought it from for an exchange or refund. Doesn't Turbo Tax provide support for a newly purchased program?

v