Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamamia7-

Why was the live expert help - "get unlimited advice with a live tax expert" - not available as advertised (and paid for)?

I was promised a call back from a tax expert and never got one. My case is # xxxxxxxxx.

I was using Turbo Tax Premier ($39.99) and then agreed to pay an extra $60 for the Live Assist & Review (“Expert Help”). But when I clicked on the Expert Help button, and I was supposed to get “unlimited tax advice” “over one-way video” I only got a call from someone whose English was poor and who could not understand the question I was asking, who got cut off and kept losing my file. The whole 30 minutes was a waste of time as he didn’t help me at all.

I tried to get Expert Help again twice today but did not receive anything of the sort. I received two calls from people at call centres who supposedly know something about the product but NOTHING about taxes. Both of them said they were putting in a special request for me to get the call from a real tax expert - which never came.

I’ve now wasted about 2 hours of my time talking to people who can’t help me, trying to get the service that I was supposed to get with that purchase and I’m furious! I also stayed home from work all day today waiting for your call. I cannot do so tomorrow.

I believe I should not be charged for the service that I did not receive. As I will need to pay to submit my taxes, I will accept a refund. 
I will follow up until this is resolved. 

Sincerely, 
A very unsatisfied customer

7 Replies

Why was the live expert help - "get unlimited advice with a live tax expert" - not available as advertised (and paid for)?

We have reported this matter to our Assist and Review manager. Thank you for your comment. 

Hey!

I had exactly the same issue! I tried to get live expert advice, only got an automated voice saying they'd send me an email with the answer to my questions and got nothing. I can't believe I'M being charged not only the extra 30$ on my bill for my taxes but also for my husbands file when I got no help at all. 

Did you receive a call or a refund? Please let me know how I can request one as well!

Cate

Hey!

I had exactly the same issue! I tried to get live expert advice, only got an automated voice saying they'd send me an email with the answer to my questions and got nothing. I can't believe I'M being charged not only the extra 30$ on my bill for my taxes but also for my husbands file when I got no help at all. 

Did you receive a call or a refund? Please let me know how I can request one as well!

Cate

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

I am not sure if you were accessing the Assist and Review from the correct icon:

If you are using the TTO (online), you will need the Assist and Review option.

To access the feature --> on the right corner of the top bar --> click on expert help --> ask the question, enter your information, and click confirm

If you want a full review --> from the left menu --> review --> expert review --> you can schedule a time to go over your return

If you are using the TTD (desktop), you will need the Pro-Review option:

On the main screen click on the box "I want my return reviewed"

The price will be added to the return before Netfiling 

To ask for help --> use the support icon on the top blue bar --> fill your information and confirm

Check the link below for more information: 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

I hope this was helpful

I click the correct button and entered my question. It gave me a case number and a phone number to call. Which I did. I got a voice recording that asked me the case number, which I provided, then asked me what I was calling about, I re-asked my question and the recording said they'd send me an email with the answer. I provided my email address and never received any links or emails. I feel like this is a scam that is now charging me an extra 60$ and I am upset. Why can't I speak to a real person. I resolved the issue on my own without any help from the 'expert' and I would like a refund of the balance charged for the expert help. 

Thank you, 

Catherine

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

We need more personal information from you, and we do not process any requests for personal information in the TurboTax Community. The TurboTax Community is a public forum that allows TurboTax users to find answers to the most common questions about using TurboTax or to ask their own questions to get answers and benefit the entire community. 

Please message on our Facebook and Twitter social networks. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding

I paid $62 for a Tax Expert to review my Taxes. Last year it worked very well. This year partly my problem as I had my phone set to receive only calls in my contact list. Finally with my wife's help I changed the setting. Finally I get a phone call and start to talk to a tax expert and get cut off by an answering machine telling me this is my last phone call. Do I cancel my Visa and try again or will somebody contact me. My ID Number is [phone number removed] and my order number is TTDNA160416285