Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsyuen

What forms for condo assignment sales? Any forms for HST that involved? While making profit wasn't the primary intention. Can I apply for HST exemption?

3 Replies

What forms for condo assignment sales? Any forms for HST that involved? While making profit wasn't the primary intention. Can I apply for HST exemption?

Which version of TurboTax are you using? Is it Online or is it the CD/Desktop edition? What province are you in?
vsyuen

Premier.  Desktop.  Ontario.  

To report the sale of a property in TurboTax CD/Download EasyStep mode, click on Income & Expenses>Investment Profile in the side menu. Check off “Capital Gains or Losses(shares, properties, etc)” and then click Continue.

To do this in TurboTax CD/Download Forms mode, use Schedule 3 Part 4 (top of page 2).

If you collected HST when you sold the condo assignment and you don’t believe you should have, then you should contact the CRA and see what can be done to recover it. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are somewhere else you can call 613-940-8495. Here are more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html