Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Apr 12, 2023 12:13:40 PM

Which return to download for T4A, T5, T4RIF, OAS, CPP, T3, T5008, medical slips???

0 3 611
3 Replies
Apr 14, 2023 3:43:21 PM

As you have a T5 slip, you would need to use Premier or higher if you want to use TurboTax Online.

If you want to use TurboTax CD/Download, you can use any version, but we would recommend Premier.

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2023 8:27:31 AM

Thanks for reply.  Premier it is!  Can you enter medical slips (a lot for 2022) on Premier?  Can you file a joint return?  We are married, retired seniors!  Last year I read so many horror reviews - changes made to product - return used for years now did not accept certain claims - I forget, maybe investments or medical claims!

I freaked out and my husband who doesn't understand how I do a tax return, felt bad for me.  So he phoned H & R Block, answered some questions and was quoted $125 each.  We went there and had our usual joint return done; went to pay and joint filing was an extra $99 each!   When my husband phoned for price, joint filing did not come up!  TOTAL BILL $456!!!!

Apr 19, 2023 8:27:12 AM

Yes, you will be able to claim medical expenses as you do your spousal/joint returns with our Premier version. To see what is included please compare our product at our TurboTax Online link.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.