English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gslagerman

Why does TTBI2013 show a refund of $501,022 on the "Detailed Tax Summary" for the line "Capital and other provincial taxes" when the T2 shows the correct tax payable?

My province is Manitoba and I imported last years return from TTBI2012.  The T2 return shows the correct amount of tax owing, which is minimal.  I checked all figures multiple times and can't find a schedule where this massive refund is being calculated. There is another question on the forum about a similar problem, but no satisfactory answer. Any ideas?

Update: I opened my previous year tax file (ending Feb28/2013) using 2013/2014 TTBI and it shows a $401,157 refund on the "Detailed Tax Summary". When I open the same return using 2012/2013 TTBI (which the return was prepared and filed with), it shows the correct tax refund of $272 in the "Detailed Tax Summary". There is definitely a bug in TTBI 2013/2014!
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leeanne-TurboTax

Why does TTBI2013 show a refund of $501,022 on the "Detailed Tax Summary" for the line "Capital and other provincial taxes" when the T2 shows the correct tax payable?

One of our agents in the Biz section would be happy to assist you

1-866-438-8020 option 1

TurboTaxLee

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gslagerman

I should add that the problem appears to be related to Turbotax importing the previous year return as the $501,022 refund showed up right after importing and before I had entered anything in to the current year return.
Leeanne-TurboTax

One of our agents in the Biz section would be happy to assist you

1-866-438-8020 option 1

TurboTaxLee

View solution in original post

v