Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 20, 2023 5:53:28 AM

Why is it preventing me from netfiling. Says donor consent file .

It says I cannot create a valid netfile as the donor consent value is zero?

1 6 561
6 Replies
Level 1
Feb 20, 2023 6:16:11 AM

I'm having the same issue.

Feb 20, 2023 6:54:13 AM

Im having the same issue. Did you find a fix?

Returning Member
Feb 20, 2023 6:54:56 AM

Hey 

I had this same issue. You have go through your tax filing again from the beginning, start from my info and work through it again and the donar question will pop up in the question "your name Canadian Citizenship" so in my case "Kaliah Canadian Citizenship" 

Hope this helps!

Returning Member
Feb 20, 2023 6:57:23 AM

the question is under " your name Canadian Citizenship" so in my case "Kaliah Canadian Citizenship" 

Feb 20, 2023 8:49:57 AM

Thanks Kaliah12 - I had the same issue. Start from 'My Info' section and just go through and answer the questions again -  citizenship questions in particular. One of my questions was unanswered - not sure if that's a TT defect or something else. It's annoying but it fixed the issue and allowed me to submit.

Level 15
Feb 20, 2023 9:00:17 AM

This issue will be fixed shortly- for now you can  go to "My Info" click on (Name) Canadian Citizenship and make sure that you answer the questions " Do you authorize the CRA to share your name and email address with the Government of Nunavut to contact you about organ and tissue donation, and to maintain the organ and tissue Donor Registry?

This happened to those who transferred from last year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.