Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work from home - COVID

I qualify for the COVID 19 work from home flat ate employment expense ($2 per day) but am unable to enter in TurboTax. I select 'I didn't receive either form from my employer, but would like to claim home office expenses and 'Check this if you were required to work from home at least 50% of the timefor a period of 4 consecutive weeks or more in 2020' but cannot enter data on next screen. On the window where I made my slections it states 'Looks like you don't qualify for the employment expenses deduction this year.' but I am because I worked from home for the past year due to COVID. Any suggestions?

2 Replies
AmeliaAngeal
Returning Member

Work from home - COVID

I am having the same issue and am very frustrated.  I have wasted alot of time trying to figure this out.  Did you get any reply regarding this issue?

Work from home - COVID

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

For 2020 taxes, the CRA allows employees to claim up to $400 in expenses without a signed T2200 from the employer.

To claim that first, you need to answer "yes" in the question asked at the end of your T4. 

Then select "find" at the top right of your page and search "Employment Expense".

Answer "yes" and Select "I didn't receive either form from my employer"

Answer "yes" in both questions asked below. then continue.

On the next page Select" flat rate method" and enter days you worked from home.

Find out more about: You Can Claim $400 In Expenses If You Worked From Home Due To COVID-19