Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glick1

My wife and I are seniors rcvg cpp and oas we live for free at my son and daughter inlaws home can they claim us as dependants

"my wife and I are seniors rcvg cpp and oas we live for free at my son and daughter inlaws home can they claim us as dependants "

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife and I are seniors rcvg cpp and oas we live for free at my son and daughter inlaws home can they claim us as dependants

If you and/or your wife are over 65, your son can claim Caregiver amount of credit.
A credit can be claimed for each dependant relative over 65 that lives with the son.
You and your wife need to file tax returns in order to determine your Net Incomes, which your
Son will need to enter on his return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you and/or your wife are over 65, your son can claim Caregiver amount of credit.
A credit can be claimed for each dependant relative over 65 that lives with the son.
You and your wife need to file tax returns in order to determine your Net Incomes, which your
Son will need to enter on his return.