Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband put 5000 into RRSP and sold them in the same year and paid 1000. Does this count as a contribution where and as what do I enter all this information

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband put 5000 into RRSP and sold them in the same year and paid 1000. Does this count as a contribution where and as what do I enter all this information

If $1000 was withheld when he withdrew the money, then the bank/fund company will need to provide both a RRSP contribution receipt and a T4RSP (showing the tax withheld). The end result will be neutral, but the slips are needed to get that $1000 back.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If $1000 was withheld when he withdrew the money, then the bank/fund company will need to provide both a RRSP contribution receipt and a T4RSP (showing the tax withheld). The end result will be neutral, but the slips are needed to get that $1000 back.

You would probably be best to contact the investment advisers to find out if there are any slips coming.