Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilat

As a full time student who moved 3 times in 2014, I met all required criteria. 1 - for school; 2- summer work; 3 - rtn to school. How do I enter 3rd move? (ea = $200)

Although each move meets the criteria and not much in cost ($200), the program appears only to allow two moves.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

As a full time student who moved 3 times in 2014, I met all required criteria. 1 - for school; 2- summer work; 3 - rtn to school. How do I enter 3rd move? (ea = $200)

The moving expenses for school reasons are only claimable against educational income, such as taxable bursaries of scholarships.  There aren't many of those that are taxable income, so you  might never get a benefit from it. 

You will not be able to deduct the move back home.  The best claim for moving expense is the the move for the employment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The moving expenses for school reasons are only claimable against educational income, such as taxable bursaries of scholarships.  There aren't many of those that are taxable income, so you  might never get a benefit from it. 

You will not be able to deduct the move back home.  The best claim for moving expense is the the move for the employment.

This answer doesn't even remotely answer the question.  I have the same problem I need to enter 3 moves and the program allows only 2.  BTW you absolutely can deduct moving expenses while in school if you moved to work or do a co-op!  Is this a problem with TURBO tax?