Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i use my unused rrsp contributions from the first 2 months of 2014 ?

Where can i use my rrsp contributions from Jan 1 to Mar 3 2014 to increase my tax refund ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

From the top Navigation, Select "RRSPs" then on the dropdown select "RRSP Profile". Then check the box that reads "Have unused RRSP/PRPP contributions from prior years". Click continue until you get to a page entitled "Unused RRSP/PRPP Contributions".

This page will show you the amount TurboTax carried forward from last year. If it is zero or incorrect select Yes to "Do you want to change this amount?" to change this amount.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MamaK

If you have input your receipt for this time frame - it should calculate automatically.

It isn't calculating correctly.  Showing an amount of $44, not 3344 that was on my notice of assessment.

This amount could be carried forward from last year. If it is incorrect you can always change it to match your notice of assessment by following the steps in the answer.

From the top Navigation, Select "RRSPs" then on the dropdown select "RRSP Profile". Then check the box that reads "Have unused RRSP/PRPP contributions from prior years". Click continue until you get to a page entitled "Unused RRSP/PRPP Contributions".

This page will show you the amount TurboTax carried forward from last year. If it is zero or incorrect select Yes to "Do you want to change this amount?" to change this amount.