Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKOI

I am 69 years old. Although retired, I teach fitness classes, and my employer does not withdraw anything. How can I use the CPT 30 form if my employer doesn't want it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am 69 years old. Although retired, I teach fitness classes, and my employer does not withdraw anything. How can I use the CPT 30 form if my employer doesn't want it?

Unfortunately, your employer is not taking deductions because he does not want to remit the other half of your CPP.  There isn't much to be done about him if you want to keep your job.  What he is doing is illegal, but you would have to turn him in to CRA which would not be conducive to a happy working relationship.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Unfortunately, your employer is not taking deductions because he does not want to remit the other half of your CPP.  There isn't much to be done about him if you want to keep your job.  What he is doing is illegal, but you would have to turn him in to CRA which would not be conducive to a happy working relationship.