Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4010lynn

I HAVE NO DEPENDENTS. HOW DO I MOVE FORWARD PAST THE DEPENDENT SECTION?

TURBO TAX won't let me move beyond the Dependents section. I have no dependents. How do I proceed beyond the Dependents section?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TTRS

If you have accidentally added (or perhaps carried forward from a previous version) any dependants, you'll have to remove them before selecting no and continuing. Instead of saying no, I don't have dependants, say yes. You'll see in any dependants in the table that appears.

From here, click Remove next to each dependant until they are all gone, then choose the no radio option and hit continue. 

If that doesn't work try adding a dependant and then removing again, to see if that resets things for you.

If that still doesn't work there may be some corruption in the return, and the easiest way to fix it would probably be to create a new return in the return manager (To do so, click Tools > Return manager and choose create a new return).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TTRS

If you have accidentally added (or perhaps carried forward from a previous version) any dependants, you'll have to remove them before selecting no and continuing. Instead of saying no, I don't have dependants, say yes. You'll see in any dependants in the table that appears.

From here, click Remove next to each dependant until they are all gone, then choose the no radio option and hit continue. 

If that doesn't work try adding a dependant and then removing again, to see if that resets things for you.

If that still doesn't work there may be some corruption in the return, and the easiest way to fix it would probably be to create a new return in the return manager (To do so, click Tools > Return manager and choose create a new return).

arculusp

how do I return to the page to remove dependants
TTRS

Intro > Dependants Information