Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i have to enter each medical expense individually or can I just enter the total amount in one line?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Norm4

Do i have to enter each medical expense individually or can I just enter the total amount in one line?

You can enter the total on one line. Be sure to keep your receipts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kbaxter

When asked to re-enter the medical expense claimed again for a dependant, do you enter the amount paid less re-imbursement or the amount you actually had to pay up front. Also if it is the amount you did pay why would it subtract this off of the total expense paid and not calculate an expense?
jrham47

medical expense -2014 $1043.00
Norm4

You can enter the total on one line. Be sure to keep your receipts.

how do  you do that, you have date and receipts paid  to in you medical window
Norm4

You will need to do one entry per Expense Type. For example, if you have 10 prescription receipts and 12 health plan premium receipts, enter the total for the prescriptions as one entry and the total for the health plan premiums as a second entry. For the date, just enter the date of the most recent receipt.