Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borshalex

UCCB income to a dependant no longer available

Hello, I used an option on the RC62 entry page to designate all UCCB income to a dependant. However, TurboTax is now giving me an error stating I can't do that because I wasn't a single parent, telling me to "fix" it before filing.

However, the option of "designate income to a dependant" is no longer there. In fact, it's completely missing from the software. It used to be there before I installed the latest update today, and now it's not.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxHelp5

To fix the issue click on the Forms icon on the blue bar at the top.

Go to page 2 of the T1 General and just below Line 117 and to the left is the field for Line 185. Delete the amount entered there and it will automatically post to Line 117 and the error will go away.

To go back in the EasyStep click the EasyStep icon on the top bar.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Sally71

Only single parent can allocate the UCCB to the child(ren).  You need to see at the beginning of the software where you select the option for UCCB income/benefit you received.
travlaw

I run into similar problem and I didn't select to designate all UCCB income to a dependant.  I have gone back to review my return from the beginning over and over and didn't see that setting at all.  I have the latest software update, updated on April 4th.  The amount entered from box 10 on RC26 slip is not showing up on line 117.  I compared 2014 return to my previous year and it's there.  It looks like a bug.
travlaw

i found the error on my wife's T1 general form under box 185.  $2400 was entered there (in black text).
TaxHelp5

To fix the issue click on the Forms icon on the blue bar at the top.

Go to page 2 of the T1 General and just below Line 117 and to the left is the field for Line 185. Delete the amount entered there and it will automatically post to Line 117 and the error will go away.

To go back in the EasyStep click the EasyStep icon on the top bar.

justin13

That worked! Thanks.

I am experiencing the same problem however I don't have a Forms icon on the blue bar at the top. Can you elaborate please ? I am using TurboTax Permier online.
justin13

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the online version. I used the Standard Version installed on my Windows 8 machine. Basically to overcome this bug you had to manually change the T1 form that gets submitted. I suggest searching the help functions to see if you can do with Permier online.
TaxHelp5

marksluser: go back to the Income section & to the RC62 - Universal Child Care Benefit - Summary. Say NO to: Do you elect to include UCCB amounts in the income of the eligible dependant or child? Be sure to include this in their net income for the year: