Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristie1

Can a apartment outside of Canada that I remotely work/live in be used for the business-use-of-home?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
taxnano

Can a apartment outside of Canada that I remotely work/live in be used for the business-use-of-home?

It appears your home office is allowable deduction because this where you reside and work. What's your filing status resident  or non resident?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
taxnano

Is the income made outside of Canada?
kristie1

I work on a freelance basis for clients in Canada from my desk outside of Canada.
kristie1

I'm a non resident now.
taxnano

As I previously mentioned, I believe it's  allowable deduction because office rent is always an expense against income to arrive at taxable income.
Ken20

I agree with Taxnano
taxnano

It appears your home office is allowable deduction because this where you reside and work. What's your filing status resident  or non resident?