Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my husband and I are filing together do we both need to submit the same form? Or will filing together count for both of us?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When my husband and I are filing together do we both need to submit the same form? Or will filing together count for both of us?

You both need to submit each of your returns. If you use NETFILE, it'll take you through the process of filing each of your returns to the CRA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You both need to submit each of your returns. If you use NETFILE, it'll take you through the process of filing each of your returns to the CRA.

I'm in the same situation.   We're common-law for the first time and we're filing together under Turbotax and in doing the first tax file, we owe about 2600.00.   In the above, it says I will have to also file separately in addition to our combined information.  Won't this mean we'll owe twice as much?