How can I see full notes in bookmarks?

The Bookmark feature allow for notes of up to 100 characters. When I look at the list of bookmarks, anything longer than 20 characters is truncated. Clicking on the bookmark brings me to the bookmarked page and closes the Bookmarks window.

TurboTaxClint reported (2 months ago) that a solution was on the way, and then (28 days ago) that hovering over the bookmark would show the full description:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1070447-how-do-i-see-and-update-text-entered-on-previ...

I checked for and installed updates 20 minutes ago, and there is no change to this issue - hovering over a bookmark does nothing. Others have commented to the same effect on the thread linked above.

I created a bookmark with a note a few weeks ago to remind me of something important to check before filing. I assumed I would be able to see the entire content of the note when needed. Had I known this would not be the case, I would have made a note to myself elsewhere. Not having this type of feature at all would have been much more preferable than having it not work as expected.

I (and probably others) need the information that we should be able to view. A reply from a TurboTax employee would be appreciated.

Answer

We're very sorry that you're unhappy.

We have to prioritize every bug fix and feature enhancement against each other, weighing the severity of the issue and the number of customers it impacts so that we're always working on the most important things. This just didn't rank as critical as other things in the list.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
SuperUser
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community