Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I report self-employment income as other income if I have no expenses and the head company is no longer active?

In addition to my regular T4 income, I made $200 of non-T4 income this year as a jewelry representative. I have no expenses and the head company closed in February. Can I report the $200 as other income or do I need to report it as self-employment?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rhino2

Can I report self-employment income as other income if I have no expenses and the head company is no longer active?

If you are not claiming any expenses and it is non-recurring income, and there is no T-slip for it, it can be considered as occasional earnings and reported as other income on Line 104.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rhino2

If you are not claiming any expenses and it is non-recurring income, and there is no T-slip for it, it can be considered as occasional earnings and reported as other income on Line 104.

Thank you!