whicn turbo tax program do i use to file mine and my husbands taxes

Answer

2 people found this helpful

That depends on your situation. You can use the Find My Product tool to help you decide:

http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/download-tax-software.jsp

The link about is for desktop (CD/Download) versions that are installed on your computer and with which you save your tax files on your computer. Click on the tabs near the top of the page to use the tool for Online and Mobile versions. All desktop versions allow you to prepare up to 20 tax returns, although there are lower limits on the number of returns reporting net income over $25,000.

Note that Online versions do not give you direct access to tax forms, nor can you download your tax files if you decide to switch to a desktop version - what you start in the cloud, stays in the cloud. You will be able to save or print read-only copies of your tax returns for your records and/or to file by mail. Online versions are charged on a per return basis.

If you have a relatively simple tax situation that is not likely to require working directly on forms and you do not expect to switch to a desktop version this year or next (or don't mind starting from scratch if you do), and you are only filing a couple of returns, one of the Online versions may be best for you.

If you want the option of switching between a guided interview method and working directly with forms, would like to be able to save your tax files on your computer, or are filing three or more returns (that don't qualify for the free Online version), I strongly recommend a desktop version.

Caveat emptor.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
rhino , emptor criticus

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community