How do I uninstall TurboTax from my computer?
Before you begin
Before you uninstall TurboTax, create a back-up copy of your tax return.
- Locate your tax return in the folder where you saved it.
- Right-click the return file with your mouse, then select Copy.
- Right-click within the folder and select Paste.
- Move the copied file to the back-up location of your choice (such as a portable hard drive).
Instructions for uninstalling TurboTax
To uninstall the TurboTax CD/download edition, complete the following steps.
1. Enter “uninstall” in the Type here to search field at the bottom-left area of your screen.
2. Select Add or remove programs from the options that appear.
3. Enter “TurboTax” in the Search this list field on the Apps & features step.
A list of programs appears.
4. Select the TurboTax program you want to uninstall.
5. Select Uninstall in the section associated with that TurboTax program.
6. Select Uninstall in the window that appears.
The TurboTax program has been removed from your computer.
Note: The TurboTax CD/download edition is compatible with Windows and doesn’t work on Mac computers.
- Frequently asked questions about installing the TurboTax CD/download edition
- What can I do if I purchased TurboTax as a download or on a CD, but I have a Mac computer?