TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
53 people found this useful

In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?

When you choose to use NETFILE, we submit your tax file to the CRA on your behalf. When complete, you will receive a NETFILE confirmation code, which will be displayed in TurboTax.

1. Select File in the left-side menu and then select Electronic filing (NETFILE).
  2. If you prepared a tax return for your spouse or common-law partner as well as for yourself, choose who will file first.
    The CRA requires that each taxpayer file his or her own return. That means you have to submit your returns through NETFILE one at a time -- you cannot send them together.
  3. On the Ready to file screen, select the radio button beside the name of the return that you want to submit, then click Continue.
    If you live in Québec, you can electronically file both your federal (CRA) and Québec (RQ) returns. To file only one at this time, click CRA or RQ.
  4. Review the information on the next few screens about the CRA's NETFILE restrictions and answer the eligibility questions.
  5. If you have NETFILE errors, you must fix them before you can use NETFILE. If you have NETFILE warnings, review them and either fix them or confirm that they do not apply to you.
  6. On the NETFILE Your Return to the CRA screen, click the NETFILE Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice link to review terms and conditions. Then select the checkbox beside the link, and click NETFILE My Return.

TurboTax then submits your return the CRA for you. You will receive a notification on whether or not your submission was successful. If it was successful, you'll see a 6-digit confirmation code (keep this in your records).

Related Information:

Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE?

Related Information: