TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
4 people found this useful

How do I view a previous year’s tax return without TurboTax?

To view a previous year’s tax return without using TurboTax, you’ll need to sign in to your CRA My Account. CRA My Account is the Canada Revenue Agency portal that enables you to sign in and track your tax refund, view or change your tax return, check your benefit and credit payments, view your RRSP limit, set up direct deposit, receive online mail, and much more.


If you have ever filed a tax return in Canada, you have a CRA My Account. To register for online access, visit the CRA website at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/.

You can register through a CRA sign-in partner, such as your bank or financial institution, by selecting Continue to Sign-In Partner.

Alternatively, you can register directly through the CRA by selecting CRA Register.

To validate your identity, you’ll need to provide your social insurance number (SIN), postal code, date of birth and specific information from the two previous year’s tax returns. You’ll find this information on your notices of assessment.

If you’ve already signed up for access to your CRA My Account, sign in using your User ID and Password.

Your prior year’s returns appear as detailed notices of assessment.

Learn more about CRA My Account.

To request a printed version of your return, contact the CRA and submit a request for information.

If you saved a previous year’s tax return as a PDF document on your computer – which TurboTax gives you the option to do – you can view it without accessing TurboTax. Search for it under the file name: Youfirstname_year_copy (for example: Fred_2014_copy).

Helpful Resources

How do I print a copy of my return?

How do I print or save my tax return in TurboTax Free after I have filed my tax return using NETFILE?

In TurboTax Free, how can I print my return so I can snail mail it to the CRA?