What CCA classes should be used for computer and electronic office equipment, networking equipment, and software?
The CCA rate for computer and electronic office equipment and systems software for that equipment falls into one of three classes, depending on when it was purchased:
- Purchased after March 18, 2007: Class 50
- Purchased after March 22, 2004 and before March 19, 2007: Class 45
- Purchased before March 23, 2004: Class 10
Note: Alternate rules may apply to Class 10 and Class 45 if you previously chose to make an election for equipment/systems purchased prior to 2005.
The CCA rate for networking equipment and systems software for that equipment falls into one of two classes, depending on when it was purchased:
- Purchased after March 22, 2004: Class 46
- Purchased before March 23, 2004: Class 8
Once you select a CCA class, TurboTax will make calculations based on the CCA rate for that class.
- CRA’s list of common CCA classes
- Government of Canada’s complete list of CCA classes
- How do I find the proper CCA (Capital Cost Allowance) class?