How do I add my spouse's tax return while I’m preparing my own?
That depends on the TurboTax product you’re using.
If you’re using the CD/Download version of TurboTax, you can add your spouse’s return and create a coupled return at any time while you’re preparing your own. If you’re using TurboTax Online, you’ll have to start a new return and indicate in the beginning that you want to prepare a coupled return.
- If you’re in the EasyStep interview, select Forms at the top of your screen.
- In Forms view, open the View menu and select Personal Information.
- On the Personal Information window, check the box for Process spouse’s return as well, even if you’re living common-law.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to enter your spouse’s personal information, and select OK.
- To return to the EasyStep interview, select EasyStep at the top of your screen. Follow the prompts to enter your and your spouse’s information throughout the interview.
- Log in to TurboTax Online and select Start a new return.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you wish to use and select Continue.
- Follow the prompts to enter your personal information. At Marital status, select Married or Living common-law.
- Select Yes at Do you want to prepare your returns together.
- Follow the prompts to enter your and your spouse’s information throughout the interview.