How can I check on the status of my tax return?
The quickest and easiest way to check on the status of your tax return is to sign in to your CRA My Account.
In TurboTax, when you’ve successfully submitted your tax return to CRA’s NETFILE service, you’ll receive a CRA NETFILE confirmation number.
Once you’ve confirmed in TurboTax that you’ve successfully filed your return:
- Sign in to your CRA My Account
- Find the Home tab which displays the status of your return
- Not received: The CRA has not received your return, or it has been received but their computer system has not been updated. Per the CRA, it can take up to 48 hours for your CRA My Account to reflect that your return was received.
- Received: The CRA has received your return, but it has not yet been assessed. Per the CRA, returns submitted by NETFILE are usually processed in two weeks and paper return in four to six weeks, but some exceptions apply.
- Assessed: Your tax return has been processed by the CRA’s computer system for the first time, and your Notice of Assessment has been sent to you.
- Reassessment in progress: A change request for your return is in progress.
- Reassessed: Your return has been changed, and a Notice of Reassessment has been sent to you. Per the CRA, they usually respond to a paper taxpayer requested adjustment within eight weeks and internet requests using the Change My Return option within two weeks.
Important: Contact CRA and ask them to place “a trace” on your return if all of the following applies to you:
- You have confirmed that you have a valid NETFILE confirmation number;
- Your CRA My Account does not reflect that your return was received or assessed;
- It’s been more than 10 business days since you submitted your return.
- How do I find my NETFILE Confirmation Code?
- How do I know if my tax return has been received by the CRA or MRQ?
- How do I know if my return was filed using NETFILE and received by the CRA?
- What should I do if I receive an email from the CRA saying they didn’t receive my NETFILE submission?
- I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?
- How do I find my NetFile Québec Confirmation Code?
- How do I know if my return was filed using NetFile Québec and received by RQ?