How do I find the proper CCA (Capital Cost Allowance) class?
Some common classes include:
- Vehicles ($30,000 or less pre-tax): Class 10
- Vehicles (more than $30,000 pre-tax): Class 10.1
- Furniture and appliances: Class 8
- Most buildings acquired after 1987: Class 1
Note: If you used TurboTax last year and have imported last year's tax information into your return, any classes that have remaining UCC (Undepreciated Capital Cost) balances will be transferred automatically to your return, including the UCC and class number.
- CRA’s list of common CCA classes
- Government of Canada’s complete list of CCA Classes
- What CCA classes should be used for computer and electronic office equipment, networking equipment, and software?