TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information from my previous year's tax return?

SOLVEDby TurboTax456Updated January 04, 2024

Transfer from a prior year is done at the start of a new return. If you’ve already started a TurboTax Online return, you can still transfer your information by starting a new one.

Here’s how to transfer information from your prior tax return:

1. Visit the TurboTax website.
  2. Enter your credentials (the same as you used last year) and select Sign In.
  3. On the Great to see you again! screen, select Start a new return from the menu.
  4. At Welcome back! We'll use your info from last year select Start your return.
  5. Select either:
    • Start with TurboTax Free
    • See all TurboTax products:
      1. Select the tab for your preferred level of assistance.
      2. Choose your preferred TurboTax Online product and select Start (with your selected product).
  6. At Here's a snapshot of what we'll transfer, select Continue.
  7. At We're done! select Continue.
  1. Visit the TurboTax website.
  2. If you have a TurboTax Online account, follow the prompts to sign in (your credentials are the same as you used last year). If you don’t have an account, follow the prompts to create one and then sign in.
  3. If you already have a TurboTax Online account: After you sign in, on the Great to see you again! screen, at Start a new 202x return, select Continue.
  4. Select Create a different return.
  5. At Welcome to TurboTax select Let's go.
  6. Proceed until arriving at How did you do your taxes last year? and select TurboTax Download/CD, then Continue.
  7. On the Let’s start with last year’s return screen, select Choose File.
  8. Find and select your prior-year TurboTax CD/Download file, then select Continue.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads