How do I enter a T4E?
You enter your T4E - Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits in the Income section of TurboTax.
If based on your net income for the year you are required to repay some EI benefits you received, TurboTax will automatically calculate this for you.
In TurboTax Online:
- Select Find in the upper-right hand corner.
- Type T4E and then select Go.
- On the T4E - Summary step, select Enter New T4E.
- Enter your amounts and select Done with T4E.
In TurboTax CD/Download:
- In the menu on the left, select PROFILE and then choose your profile.
- Under the question ‘Did you work?’, check I received unemployment, maternity or paternity benefits
- Select T4E - Employment Insurance Benefits and then select Continue until you reach the T4E step.
- On the T4E step, enter your amounts.