TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
59 people found this useful

Which TurboTax product should I use if I'm self-employed?

If you are self-employed or earn self-employment income (for example, you’re an independent contractor, freelancer, consultant or sole proprietor), we recommend choosing one of the following products to do your tax return:


While you can use any of our products to do your return, our self-employment products provide extra guidance to help you recognize eligible expenses, credits and deductions you can claim.

If you are filing a return with your spouse/partner and one of you is self-employed or earns self-employment income, you can still use one of our self-employment products for your joint return. TurboTax will provide extra guidance to the person who is claiming self-employment income to help them find every eligible self-employment credit and deduction.


Related information