How do I sign up for Audit Defence?
You can sign up for Audit Defence in TurboTax when you’re completing your tax return.
Important: You cannot purchase Audit Defence after you’ve filed your return.
Here’s how to sign up for Audit Defence:
Instructions for the online edition of TurboTax
1. In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find.
2. In the Find window, type “Audit Defence,” select it from the search results, then select Go.
3. Select Yes, I want to be represented or Yes, I want to be protected (the wording is different depending on the version you use).
The Great choice! step appears.
4. If you don’t see a checkbox, go to step 5. If you do see a checkbox, select Add Audit Defence for <Name> for $xx(if it hasn’t already been selected).
5. Enter your email address, then select Continue.
An Audit Defence charge is added to the final total that you pay at checkout. If you have already paid for your return, only the Audit Defence charge will be displayed at checkout.
Instructions for the CD/download edition of TurboTax
- In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find.
- In the Find window, type “Audit Defence,” select it from the search results, then select Go.
- On the Be protected, just in case step, select I want to be represented.
- On the Great choice! Let’s confirm your order step, select Continue.
- On the Your order summary step, select Buy Now.
- Follow the instructions to complete payment.