I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?
If you’ve successfully filed your return to CRA’s NETFILE service and received a confirmation number, you cannot make a correction and file again using CRA’s NETFILE service.
Instead, you’ll need to file an amendment.
Here’s how you file an amendment:
- Wait until you receive your notice of assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Once you’ve received your notice of assessment, visit the page How to change your return on the CRA website.
- Follow the instructions on the CRA website. You can change your return online or by mail.
- If you choose to amend your return(s) online, the processing time is approximately 2 weeks.
- If you choose to amend your return(s) by mail, the processing time is approximately 8 weeks.