In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?
Before you begin, please note the following:
- Ensure that you have paid for your tax return.
In the online edition of any TurboTax products, other than TurboTax Free, you can print your tax return only after you have paid for TurboTax. Once you have paid, the File menu includes the print function.
- To access the print option, you have to be on a page that has the navigation bar.
Although you can print your tax return at any level of completeness, you might prefer to print it after you are confident that your tax return is complete. To be certain that your tax return is complete, print your return after you have completed the Review stage. It is best to print your return after you have submitted it to Canada Revenue Agency (for example, after you use NETFILE).
If you are on a page that does not have the navigation bar, you need move through the pages until you get to a page that has the navigation bar.
For example, in the image below, John wants to print his tax return but he's on a page that doesn't have the navigation bar. He needs to select Continue to move to the next page and keep repeating this until he's on a page that has the navigation bar.
To print your return, complete the following steps:
- Access the Return Manager in TurboTax by doing one of the following:
- If you are already signed in to TurboTax, from the upper-right corner of the page, select Tools > Return Manager.
- If you are not already signed in, sign in to TurboTax Online.
The Great to see you again! page opens.
- Find the tax return that you want to print and select Continue.
- At the upper-right area of the page, from the navigation bar, select the File menu, and then select Print Your Tax Return.
- On the Save a copy of your return for your records page, select the Download <First-Names>'s Federal Return link.
- To print your tax return, open the PDF copy of your return in a PDF viewer (for example, Adobe Reader).
- In your PDF viewer, select the File menu, and then select Print.
- Complete the instructions on the Print dialog to print out your tax return.
In the image below, John want's to print Return #2, so he selects the Continue button next to it.
TurboTax displays the page where you left off the last time you used TurboTax.
(If the navigation bar is not visible on the page, move through the pages until you get to a page that has the navigation bar.)
In our example, John was on the Thank You page before he closed or logged out of TurboTax, so he is brought back to that page. John selects File > Print Your Tax Return from the navigation bar.
The Save a copy of your return for your records page appears.
In our example, John selects Download John's Federal Return.
A PDF copy of your tax return downloads to your device.
In our example, John opens the John-archive-16.pdf file in Adobe Reader.
If you don’t have a PDF viewer installed on your computer, you can download and install Adobe Reader.
Tips (for desktop or laptop users): if you are not sure where the PDF copy of your tax return was downloaded, press and hold the key and then press J on your keyboard. This opens a new window displaying all the downloaded files. You can open the PDF file by double clicking it from this window.
In our example, John selects File > Print in Adobe Reader.
The Print dialog opens.
- How do I print or save my tax return in TurboTax Free after I have filed my tax return using NETFILE?
- In TurboTax Free, how can I print my return so I can snail mail it to the CRA?