Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a new immigrant (PR). I want to apply to UCCB and CCTB. I just have SIN number & bank account with me. How can I avail the benefits?

I am a new immigrant (PR). I want to apply to UCCB and CCTB.

I just have SIN number & bank account with me.
I landed 2 months back.
I have not files any return in Canada till now.
I am trying to create CRA account with SIN number but doesn't work since website gives error.

How do I avail benefits?
And when can I start getting it?
How much would I get for CCTB and UCCB?

Thanks
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am a new immigrant (PR). I want to apply to UCCB and CCTB. I just have SIN number & bank account with me. How can I avail the benefits?

You apply for CCB and UCCB using form RC66. This can be downloaded from the CRA website.
Generally, you will be able to set up My Account for CRA once you have filed a tax return.
You should ensure you have a bank account, and arrange for aDirect aDeposit of your CCB and UCCB ,  as well as any other benefits and tax rebates in future.Good luck in Canada!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You apply for CCB and UCCB using form RC66. This can be downloaded from the CRA website.
Generally, you will be able to set up My Account for CRA once you have filed a tax return.
You should ensure you have a bank account, and arrange for aDirect aDeposit of your CCB and UCCB ,  as well as any other benefits and tax rebates in future.Good luck in Canada!

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/newcomers/#tbc goverment link to help out
the amount you will receive will depend on the amount of children you have and your income you report in your taxes.

Your child/children must also be in Canada with you.