What are the minimum system requirements for the current version of the CD or download edition of TurboTax?
Below are the system requirements for TurboTax Free, Basic, Standard, Premier, Home & Business, and TurboTax 20 for tax year 2017:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 with SP1
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or later
- Memory: 512 MB RAM or more
- Hard Disk Space: 120 MB free hard drive space (approximately)
If Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is not installed already, you'll need additional 4.5 GB of hard drive space
(Windows 10 already includes the necessary .NET Framework files)
- Internet Connection: 56 Kbps or faster (broadband connection recommended)
- Display: 1024x768 minimum resolution; 16-bit or higher colour
- CD Drive: CD drive required if you are installing from a CD (alternatively, you can download TurboTax from the Internet)
- Third Party Software: Adobe Reader 10 or later (or compatible PDF reader)
- Audio: Windows-compatible soundcard and speakers or headphones if you need to access support content in multimedia format
- Printer: Any printer supported by your version of Windows
If your computer does not meet the minimum requirements, you can consider using the online edition of TurboTax.
Note: You can install TurboTax for tax year 2017 on up to three computers. Also, before you start using TurboTax, you need to activate it over the Internet or telephone.