TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
34 people found this useful

Why do I need to update TurboTax if I installed from a CD or downloaded from the Internet?

Updating TurboTax gives you access to any software changes that are made after you purchase TurboTax.

Those software changes may include:

• Changes to tax forms or calculations: Sometimes the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) changes a tax form or calculation after TurboTax is released.
  • Changes to NETFILE: You need the NETFILE functionality to submit your tax return to the CRA over the Internet. If you install TurboTax before the CRA opens the NETFILE service, you might not have access. Updating TurboTax after the CRA opens the NETFILE service gets you access to NETFILE so you can submit your return.
  • Changes to Auto-fill my return: You can use CRA’s Auto-fill my return service to automatically fill out parts of your return in TurboTax. If you install TurboTax before the CRA opens Auto-fill my return, you may not have access to the service. Updating TurboTax after the CRA opens Auto-fill my return will give you access to this feature.

Related information

INF29376
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L9SBjDEaO_CA_en_CA