Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ace2

The page asks me "Did you or your spouse or common-law partner purchase a home and close on that home in 2015". What does "Close on that home" mean?

I bought a townhouse on Nov 2015. and moved in Nov24. 2015. Does that mean I check Yes for the following question:

Did you or your spouse or common-law partner purchase a home and close on that home in 2015?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The page asks me "Did you or your spouse or common-law partner purchase a home and close on that home in 2015". What does "Close on that home" mean?

Closing is when you sign the final documents to purchase the home. It is the date that all the agreements are satisfied, money has changed hands and the home is yours. Your answer would be yes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Closing is when you sign the final documents to purchase the home. It is the date that all the agreements are satisfied, money has changed hands and the home is yours. Your answer would be yes.

ace2

thanks 🙂

:smile::smile: