In TurboTax Free, how do I add slips, forms, tax credits and deductions?
In TurboTax Free, you prepare your tax return by adding all the t-slips and other credit and deduction info you have yourself. Here’s what you do:
- Sign in to your TurboTax Free return and select the Your Taxes section.
- In the field that says Tell us what you’ve got, type the name of the slip, form or tax credit you’d like to add to your return. The search is smart, so typing something like ‘work’ or ‘children’ will bring up the forms related to the word you typed. In this example, I typed T4.
- From the list that appears, select the slip you want. This opens the form so you can enter your amounts.
- Then, when you select the Next button, TurboTax Free will take you back to the Your Taxes section so you can add more stuff. The form you just completed will now show in your list.
- Repeat steps 2 though 4 until you’ve added all your tax information, including if you have multiple slips of the same type.
If you need to make changes to any of the slips, forms or credits you’ve added to your return, visit the Your Taxes section and select the form you wish to update to open it.
- What slips and credits should I add to my tax return?
- How do I switch between my tax return and my spouse or common-law partner’s tax return?