Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wardrich

Why am I being asked to "Indicate whether this is the final year of activity of your business"?

One of the alerts that came up near the end of the process was to indicate whether this is the final year of activity of your business.  I don't own or run a business, so I'm not too sure where Turbo Tax is getting the impression that I do.  How do I check to make sure this is a false-positive and safe to ignore?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why am I being asked to "Indicate whether this is the final year of activity of your business"?

Apparently, you either had some self-employment, which is considered business income, or you had a T4A that triggered a T2125, which is a business component of the return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Apparently, you either had some self-employment, which is considered business income, or you had a T4A that triggered a T2125, which is a business component of the return.

wardrich

I did fill out a few T4A forms, so it must be one of those.  I'll review them and take it from there.  Thanks!  (I'm pretty sure you help me out at least once a year haha).

I'm glad I'm still here to do so. :smile::smile: