How do I save a PDF copy of my tax return in the CD/download edition of TurboTax?
Note: The copy you save as a PDF is for your records only. If you want a copy to mail to the CRA, TurboTax will give you the option to create one when you’re using NETFILE.
Before you begin, complete the Review section
If you haven’t completed the Review section of your return, complete that first.
Note: If you’re in Forms mode, switch to Easy Step mode by selecting Easy Step from the upper-left area of TurboTax.
- On the left-hand side menu of TurboTax, select REVIEW, then select <Name> – Tips, warnings, and errors.
- Follow the instructions to complete your review.
During the Review process, you will reach the Save a copy of your return for your records step. When you reach that step, go to step 2 of the instructions below.
How to save a PDF copy of your return (after completing the Review section)
1. On the left-hand side menu of TurboTax, select REVIEW, then select Print personal return or forms.
The Save a copy of your return for your records step appears.
2. Select Federal tax return.
3. Select Save PDF Copy for Your Records.
The Save As dialogue box opens.
4. On the left-hand pane of the Save As dialogue box, select the location where you want to save the file, then select Save.
For example, select Desktop if you want to save the file on your Desktop. In the example below, we saved the file in the Documents >TurboTax >2015 folder.
Note: The default file name is <First Name_XXXX_copy>, where First Name is your first name, XXXX is the four digits representing the tax year, and copy means it’s a copy of your tax return for your personal records. If you want, you can rename the file by entering a new file name in the File name text box.
- In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?
- In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?