In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use Auto-fill my return?
Before you begin, register for My Account
If you’d like to use CRA’s Auto-fill my return service to automatically fill out part of your tax return, you need to be registered for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)’s My Account. Follow these step-by-step instructions to register.
Note: You do not have to use Auto-fill my return to complete your tax return.
How to use CRA’s Auto-fill my return service
1. In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find.
Note: If you don’t see the Find button, you may not have completed the Setting up section of your return. Continue through the Setting up section until the Find button appears.
2. In the Find window, type “Auto-Fill.”
3. From the list of search results, select Auto-Fill My Return, then select Go.
4. On the <Name>, get a jump start on your tax return step, select Continue.
5. On the Let’s import your info step, select Launch CRA site.
6. Follow the steps to download your slips and other information.
CRA’s Auto-fill service opens for the 2018 tax year on February 18, 2019.
- What tax slips can I download through the CRA’s Auto-fill my return service?
- How do I register for CRA’s My Account service?
- Canada Revenue Agency: What is My Account?
- In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I use Auto-fill my return?