In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use CRA’s Auto-fill my return service?
CRA’s Auto-fill service opens for the 2018 tax year on February 18, 2019.
Auto-fill my return is included in every TurboTax product. When Auto-fill is available, TurboTax will automatically prompt you to import your slips and information using CRA’s Auto-fill my return service when you reach the applicable spot in your return preparation.
Before you begin, register for My Account
You’ll need to be registered for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)’s My Account before you can use CRA’s Auto-fill my return service. Follow these step-by-step instructions to register for My Account.
How to use Auto-fill my return in TurboTax
1. In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find.
Note: If you don’t see the Find button, you may not have completed the Setting up section of your return. Continue through the Setting up section until the Find button appears.
2. In the Find window, type “Import.”
3. From the list of search results, select Import hub and then select Go.
4. On the Let’s get a jump-start by importing your tax info into your return step, select the checkbox.
5. Where it says Are you registered for CRA My Account?, select Yes, I have a CRA My Account and then select Continue.
6. Follow the steps to download your slips and other information.
- In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I use CRA's Auto-fill my return service?
- How do I register for CRA’s My Account service?
- What tax slips can I download through the CRA’s Auto-fill my return service?
- Canada Revenue Agency: What is My Account?