TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
146 people found this useful

In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I use Auto-fill my return?

Service availability

CRA’s Auto-fill service opens for the 2018 tax year on February 18, 2019.

Auto-fill my return is included in every TurboTax product. When Auto-fill is available, TurboTax will automatically prompt you to import your slips and information using CRA’s Auto-fill my return service when you reach the applicable spot in your return preparation.

Before you begin, register for My Account

You’ll need to be registered for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)’s My Account before you can use CRA’s Auto-fill my return service. Follow these step-by-step instructions to register for My Account.

How to use Auto-fill my return in EasyStep mode

1. In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find.

Note: If you don’t see the Find button, you may not have completed the Introduction and Profile sections of your return. Continue completing your return until the Find button appears.

2. In the Find field, type “CRA.”

3. From the list of results, select CRA and RQ Import, and select Go.

This takes you to the <Name>, let’s get a jump-start by downloading your tax info into your return step.

4. Select Import next to the return you want to download your tax information for.

5. Follow the instructions to download your slips and other information.

How to use Auto-fill my return in Forms method

1. From the File menu up top, select File.

2. Select Import tax data from CRA/RQ.

This takes you to the <Name>, let’s get a jump-start by downloading your tax info into your return step.

3. Select Import next to the return you want to download your tax information for.

4. Follow the instructions to download your slips and other information.

Related Information

HOW25766
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L7jddSJFB_CA_en_CA